Please don’t take my John away
CHECK OUT your differences in wand technique here and how fluidly and casually Ron throws a curse in comparison to Harry and Hermione Hermione has done the reading and is technically perfect of course Elbow straight; wrist bent Wand tip aligned with left sightline left arm held loosely behind her for balance Harry hasn’t ever done the reading Grip too tight; elbow locked Shoulders raised Left elbow cranked in awkwardly against his body Kids’ll imitate his awful technique and Junior Aurors it’ll make their parents nuts; don’t twist your neck like that I don’t care what Auror Potter does When you save wizardkind you can hold your wand however you want until then drop your shoulders Ron’s been around wand users since birth practiced with twigs and then his brothers’ wands Look at how the movement flows from his center the way he uses his whole body throws out his opposite hand behind him to counterbalance the movement Harry and Hermione get their wands into position and then throw the curse Ron’s spell starts mid-motion because he knows his wand will be in position in time (helenish)
There will be a day when I see this and I will scroll past.
Today is not that day
Plus Ron is casting his curse non-verbally. That’s very difficult and it requires training and practice to successfully cast a nonverbal spell. It’s success is determined by the amount of concentration and mental discipline of the witch or wizard. But this is Ron Weasley he likely didn’t put training and practice into casting non-verbal spells, this advanced magic comes to him naturally. The only other time we see him cast a non-verbal spell is when he accidentally made it snow in the great hall, and that was only because Lavender was glaring him down after he said Hermione’s name while he was unconscious in the hospital wing. He felt crappy and his emotions were so intense he unknowingly made it snow. Here he’s trapped in a muggle cafe, with his best friend and the girl he loves. He’s probably scared, and angry but most of all protective. He wants to defeat these Death Eaters without anything happening to his team. His emotions are intense again and that allows him to cast a powerful non-verbal spell. No, not even a spell, a curse. We’ve seen Hermione cast non-verbal spells loads of times but even here she says the curse to ensure it’s potency. Ron is concentrated and disciplined enough in this moment to curse a Death Eater without any words at all.
I wanted to do a giveaway when I reached 40k but I am impatient, and knew I’d forget everything I wanted to put in it if I didn’t do it now lol. So here?? Ty for following me<3.
First things first; Rules.
- You can reblog this as many times as you wish, but don’t annoy the people who follow you.
- Follow me because it’s a followers giveaway, friends.
- You’ll have to be willing to give me your address because I can’t just guess where you live, surprisingly.
- This will end on the 26th of May (aka, my birthday)
- Don’t send the winners nasty things, that should go without saying, but i’ve seen it happen.
- There will be three winners, the first can pick any four things, the second three things and then the last will have the two things that are left! :-).
- I’ll ship anywhere! :-).
Okay, now, prizes:
Most of these things are brand new bar the enjoy cumberbatch shirt and fangirl book.
- Sherlock poster.
- Sherlock series 3. (Region 2.)
- The Fifth Estate. (Also region 2)
- Sherlock lives book (More info here)
- I don’t understand t-shirt (will order in the winners size)
- Enjoy Cumberbatch t-shirt (Women’s XL).
- Sherlock mug.
- Sherlock charm bracelet.
- Also everyone will get a bag of werthers originals because they’re rad.
Good luck!!! :-).
for people asking what the regions are, it basically means it plays inside of Europe so if you’re outside of Europe and you win don’t pick the DVDs.it also plays in a few other places. But I’m not sure where, so google it before you pick.